Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Twirly Skirt

C has suddenly found her inner "twirl"so now I can start sewing little girl skirts.  Good practice because I hope to sew myself some skirts, too, before our move to the humid Georgia coast.

I made these two Twirly Skirts in one night, albeit with much cursing at my sewing machine.  I thought for sure she'd choose the orange one (her sometimes favorite color) but she went with pink.  The other skirt went to a friend for her fourth birthday.

I was secretly hoping she would choose to keep the orange, because I like the pink enough to make myself one, too, but I think it would be really dorky if we had matching skirts, yes?

Both of the girls are rather tall, so I used the pattern for size 110cm but the skirts are almost too big.  At least they'll get a few twirly seasons in, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment